Important information on COVID-19 |
Automotive Training Centre, Surrey BC. Campus, is resuming full operation as of June 1, 2020
We have identified potential risk areas within our facility and will be following the measures listed below to address these risks.
Routine daily screening for staff and students
Staff and students are not to enter the facility if they:
- Have any of the following symptoms: Fever, Chills, New or Worsening Cough, Shortness of Breath, Muscle Aches or Headache, Sore Throat.
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days This includes a mandatory 14-day self-isolation for any arrival of International Students
- Are a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19
- Have been directed by Public Health to self-isolate
Physical Distancing and Hygiene
- Classroom areas will have limited student occupancy utilizing extra classroom space and electronic delivery by the instructor to allow students adequate space for distancing.
- Wearing of masks is required in all common areas of the facility. Students are to wear gloves at all times while using shop equipment/tools
- Students are asked to do everything possible to maintain distance while performing shop duties.
- Strict no contact policy prohibiting handshaking or close contact with other staff and students.
- Offices and reception area where distancing is not possible to have barriers installed to assist with providing protection. These barriers will be cleaned daily.
- Hand washing or Sanitizing is required upon entry to the facility and frequently throughout the day using the handwashing guidelines posted. Multiple stations are available in the building
- Make sure that coughing or sneezing is done into the arm instead of hands to prevent spreading.
Cleaning Protocol – Routine and Environmental Cleaning to include:
- Office equipment and contact areas in the lobby to be cleaned each morning.
- Shared office equipment such as copier, debit pin-pad, postage machine will be wiped down after each use.
- Staff to wipe down their desks, telephones, keyboards, doorknobs, light switches contact items in their offices each evening before the close.
- Student Desks are to be cleaned before and after use by students. A disinfectant will be provided.
- End of day wipe down of all common contact areas within the shop by Instructors
- Students to avoid sharing tools whenever possible.
- Janitorial Company to provide thorough disinfecting of facility 2x per week in all areas.
Archives by Month:
- September 2021 (14)
- August 2021 (25)
- July 2021 (22)
- June 2021 (22)
- May 2021 (20)
- April 2021 (22)
- March 2021 (23)
- February 2021 (20)
- January 2021 (21)
- December 2020 (24)
- November 2020 (20)
- October 2020 (22)
Archives by Subject:
ATC News (1,918)
Auto Mechanic Graduate (3)
BC Auto Industry News (53)
Canadian Auto Industry News (49)
Dispatching and Transportation Operations Graduate (4)
Look Who Dropped In Today… (8)
Montreal Programs (17)
Online Program (2)
Student Services (2)
Student Testimonials (25)
Surrey Programs (70)
Toronto Programs (14)