Why training for Auto Detailing in Montreal is a great career choice
Have you ever wondered how the vehicles on used car lots all look so good? They have all been given a once over by an expert in auto detailing, known formally as “dealer preparation.”
Experts in auto detailing are highly prized because they turn low-value cars and trucks into much higher value reconditioned vehicles. You can also strike out on your own by establishing an auto detailing business, an ideal choice if you have an entrepreneurial spirit and have always wanted to run your own business. Whether you find work in an existing business or establish your own, you will enjoy seeing the smiles on the faces of customers when they see the results of your auto detailing.
ATC’s short Automotive Detailing program offers a hands-on approach to learning that takes place, for the most part, in the shop. In fact, you will spend 85% of the course in the shop gaining practical experience, which will give you the confidence you need to perform in a real shop environment.
Your instruction covers the essentials of preparing a car for the showroom floor and offers hands-on skills in exterior and interior maintenance for used automobiles. We also ensure you receive instruction on a wide variety of surfaces and materials—a key benefit which can widen your employment potential.
Key elements of ATC’s Auto Detailing Course
- An Introduction to Professional Automotive Detailing (P.A.D.)
- Exterior Preparation and Interior Reconditioning
- Used Vehicle Exterior Reconditioning
- Vehicle Paint Surface Repair And Reconditioning
- Workplace Introduction And Major Shop Projects
- WHMIS 2015 certification
Earn an industry-recognized certificate
After completing a workplace introduction and major shop projects, you will be awarded an industry-recognized certificate following successful completion of a final exam that covers these topics:
- P.A.D. – Vehicle preparation for delivery and PDI showroom preparation
- Used vehicle preparation and interior/exterior reconditioning
- Understanding vehicle paint repair & reconditioning and be shown how to apply vehicle protection applications (rust proofing, undercoating. etc.)
*Please note that this program is bilingual.