Auto Service Technician
The Auto Mechanic Training program provides students with organized learning experiences along with actual shop training, to equip them with the necessary knowledge and experience to diagnose and repair real automotive problems.
The combination of both classroom theory (40%) and hands-on training (60%) offers the auto mechanic student the experiences that are required for entry-level Auto Mechanic Jobs. This Auto Mechanic Pre-Apprenticeship program prepares students to engage in the servicing and maintenance of all types and makes of cars. The Automotive Training Centre Instructors all have relevant field experience and provide a practical and knowledgeable source of education to our students.
The Auto Mechanic Training program includes:
- Introduction to the Automotive Industry and Shop Safety
- Preventive Maintenance
- Service Wheels, Tires, Hubs and Bearings
- Operation & Service Hydraulic Brake Systems
- Operation and Servicing of Hydraulic Brake Systems
- Operation & Service Suspension Systems
- Operation & Service Steering Systems
- Wheel Alignment
- Welding Fundamentals
- Service the Drive Lines and Drive Axles
- Electrical Fundamentals
- General Electrical Systems Diagnostics
- Service Gasoline Engine
- Service Lubrication and Cooling Systems
- Operation & Service Ignition Systems
- Operation and Servicing Fuel Injection Systems
- Service Emissions and Computer Control System
Automotive Mechanic Training Information
- What is the typical Auto Mechanic Salary in Vancouver?
- Are there Auto Mechanic Jobs in Vancouver?
- What can I expect from my Auto Mechanic Career in Vancouver?
- What is the Auto Mechanic Certification process in Vancouver?
- How to become an Auto Mechanic in Vancouver?
- What is included in the Auto Mechanic Training Program in Vancouver?
*This program has been approved by the Private Training Instititutions Branch (PTIB) of Ministry of Advanced Education.