Hybrid Technology Training in Vancouver
Hybrid vehicles technology and service is one of many new automotive fields — and Automotive Training Centre is the ideal place to get the hybrid technology training you need to enter this exciting field.
Here’s what you can expect to learn:
- How to service hybrids
- Safety issues
- General maintenance
- subsystems, control systems and hardware choices, including control and communication circuits, 12 volts and high volts circuits, power accessories (power steering, air conditioning, and charging system) and electric motors operation
- Energy storage systems
- Designs of battery packs for energy storage capacity, accessibility, location, environmental protection and safety
- Transmission and drive train modules, including regenerative braking, planetary gear sets and launch control.
Even with the serious warnings about high voltage components, you will be surprised to learn that many of these complex Hybrid drive systems can be repaired in aftermarket shops.
This is a 16-hour course that can be taken over two Saturdays. Applicants must be 19 years old or be a high school graduate. You also need a Hybrid Technology and Service – Student Guide, which is provided to all ATC students who take this course.
Tuition Fees: $259 + HST (includes Student Guide).
To learn more about ATC automotive courses, including hybrid technology training in Vancouver, read our web pages on:
- Automotive Certification Courses Vancouver
- Hybrid Technology Training in Vancouver
- Air Conditioning and Retrofit
- CFC Regulation Air Conditioning
**This program does NOT require approval by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education on, skills and training. As such, PTIB did not review this program.